The ACLA/CAAL nominating committee invites you to submit your nominations for the newly created position of student member-at-large. This position was written into the ACLA constitution at the 2017 Annual General Meeting in Toronto.
The student member-at-large will normally represent a region of Canada that is not represented by other executive members of the Association. Provinces currently represented are BC, SK, ON and NB. Furthermore, he/she
- is a member of the Conference Program Committee;
- will promote the activities of ACLA to graduate students and will recruit student members from his/her region;
- may chair Standing or Ad Hoc committees the Executive Council deems necessary to set up.
Ideally, the student member-at-large has at least two years of graduate studies remaining in their program and has some previous experience with website design using WordPress. The student member-at-large will: virtually attend the approximately six executive committee meetings per year; participate in email exchange with the executive committee; and be available to attend the annual conference in late May of each year. Travel and accommodation costs for the annual conference will be partially covered.
Nominations will be open until July 4th, 2017. To run for this position, please send the following information to the chair of the Nominating Committee, Mela Sarkar (firstname.lastname@example.org) from your university email address (NO gmail or hotmail addresses are allowed; you must have student status)
- your name
- the name of your program and the institution where you are enrolled
- a brief biography and expression of interest (300-500 words)
- the names and institutional email addresses of five ACLA members in good standing who support your nomination (we will contact them for confirmation of their support)
In the event of multiple nominations, an electronic election will be conducted from 5th-12th July 2017.