Canadian Association of Applied Linguistics
In conjunction with the Congress of Humanities and Social Sciences
May 27 – 29, 2023
Congress 2023 will take place at York’s Keele and Glendon Campuses in Toronto.
Submission Deadline for Proposals:
December 15, 2022
Caroline Payant, Université du Québec à Montréal
Angelica Galante, McGill University
CAAL encourages proposals on Indigenous, less commonly taught, and minority languages, and the participation of members of visible, ethnic, sexual and Indigenous minorities.
- Following the requirements listed below, please submit your abstract for a paper or symposium by December 15, 2022 at https://www.conftool.net/acla2023
- ONLY ONE PROPOSAL AS FIRST AUTHOR WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- Paper sessions will be designed for 20-minute papers followed by a 10-minute question/discussion period. Symposia will be scheduled for 3-hour blocks.
- Abstracts for single papers should be no longer than 250 words, excluding references. Abstracts for symposia should include a general description of the symposium (250 words) as well as a description of each panel member presentation (250 words). One page for each.
- In order to help ensure anonymity, an abstract should not contain excessive reference to its author’s publications.
- Abstracts will be evaluated according to each of the following categories:
- appropriateness and significance of the topic and interest for the participants of ACLA
- evidence of a theoretical framework and links to previous research
- clearly stated research design in the case of empirical studies
- organization and clarity
- for symposium proposals, evidence of coherence and complementarity of the papers
Only abstracts meeting the above criteria will be evaluated.