Canadian Association of Applied Linguistics
Annual Conference – Cancelled
In conjunction with the Congress of Humanities and Social Sciences
May 31 – June 2, 2021 (Cancelled)
University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta
Submission Deadline for Proposals:
Cancelled (Midnight, Pacific Standard Time)
Julie Byrd Clark, Western University
Joël Thibeault, Université d’Ottawa
Leila Ranta, University of Alberta
Conference Information Page
CAAL encourages proposals on indigenous, less commonly taught, and minority languages, and the participation of members of visible, ethnic, sexual and indigenous minorities.
ABSTRACT REQUIREMENTS – CONFERENCE CANCELLED – WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING ABSTRACTS
- Following the requirements listed below, please submit your abstract for a paper or symposium by November 20, 2020 at conftool.net/acla2021
- ONLY ONE PROPOSAL AS FIRST AUTHOR WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- Paper sessions will be designed for 20-minute papers followed by a 10-minute question/discussion period. Symposia will be scheduled for 3-hour blocks.
- Abstracts for single papers should be no longer than 250 words, excluding references. Abstracts for symposia should include a general description of the symposium (250 words) as well as a description of each panel member presentation (250 words). One page for each.
- In order to help ensure anonymity, an abstract should not contain excessive reference to its author’s publications.
- Abstracts will be evaluated according to each of the following categories:
- appropriateness and significance of the topic and interest for the participants of ACLA
- evidence of a theoretical framework and links to previous research
- clearly stated research design in the case of empirical studies
- organization and clarity
- for symposium proposals, evidence of coherence and complementarity of the papers
Only abstracts meeting the above criteria will be evaluated.